Eight Streets Neighborhood Association
Meeting Minutes, 3 November 2004
Greeting & Introductions & Announcements:
- Eight Streets welcomed a representative form the newly incorporated Friends of Ringgold park.
- Summary of the public meeting on Hamilton Town Gate project meeting (Ming's Market location)
- General update on neighborhood activities.
- There were not issues that required voting this month.
The bulk of the meeting was spent going over ideas for the Trash committee and Spring fair committee.
The trash committee gave a presentation on their plans for 2004. Eight Streets will concentrate on an education program for the rest of this year. Their time line includes
A sample letter and poster were presented and received good comments. The trash committee will present a final letter for approval at the December meeting. Our thanks to Linda and Tim for putting a great plan together - and anyone interested in helping out the Trash committee feel free to drop us a line!
- A letter delivered to all ESNA residents as an introduction to the trash problems; including the rules for proper trash and recycling
- A flier delivered to each building in April 2005 as a 'friendly reminder' of proper trash procedures
- Another friendly reminder in June of 2005.
Spring Fair ideas
We just threw around some possibilities for an Eight Streets spring fair. Some thoughts include:
The key is advance planning so everything falls into place come spring. The Spring Fair committee will work on some planning, chat on the group e-mail list, and present some ideas at the next meeting. We also look forward to working with FoRP an possibly making it a joint event. Again, if anyone is interested in helping out, please drop us a line!!!
- Tag sale seems a central theme of the spring fair - until we get started, it may be too soon to sell spaces to vendors. But some known vendors might not be out of the question. seems how planning goes.
- Do we want to use the park or Ringgold street as well
- How could we get local businesses involved
- Who could fund raise at the meeting? ESNA? FoRP? other?