Eight Streets Neighborhood Association
Meeting Minutes, 6 April 2005
Greeting & Introductions &
- South End Neighborhood Association is having open membership.
Looking to start a steering committee. All interested contact
- Alliance of Boston Neighborhood is having open membership and also
looking to start a steering committee. All interested contact John
- The area D4 Boston Police South End Panel meeting needs a
volunteer to attend meetings. Meets 1x a month. For more information
about the D4 police and their schedule of events, go to http://d4bpd.com/
- Officer Elections for
the Eight Streets
Neighborhood Association are in May. Looking for interested parties to
run for Vice President (although all officers are up for election).
- A reminder street sweeping sseason is here. Read the signs - move your cars when needed. City should start towing once people realize sweeping is starting again.
- An update on traffic from last month.
- Valet owners will talk to their employees about speeding on Waltham st
- John is working with BTD over Herald st traffic
- Might be able to get a better "93" sign on tremont/Clarendon
- Asked BPD for more speed enforcemnt in the area - unknown if they will have the manpower to help out
- T-shirts, mugs and other items with the ESNA logo on them are for sale through the Eight Streets web site
- Recent trash events were the bulk of the meeting. Linda C gave an update on the South End trash meeting (3/29). Representatives from all South End NAs were there, as well as several city employees. Everyone knows the trash problems, and various solutions were discussed. The City was open to ideas, and will try to implement some of the suggestions. The basic problem of how to get people to be more responsible remains though. The City may try to make a "trash Flier" similar to the recycle and snow fliers that are distributed to all residents yearly.
- Boston Shines is May 14th. If there is interest, Eight Streets can actively participate and hold a mini neighborhood cleanup! Anyone interested in helping out, or just agreeing to be out that morning to help us clean please contact the Association.
- Louane spoke about Taylor park (larger park at Milford and Taylor). They are having a park cleanup on April 17th, 10am (rain date 4/24). Juse show up there to help with cleanup. They are also goign to try to apply for a grant in order to do fence repairs and general garden maintenance. Property is also BRA property, not parks department land - Louane will look into ownership and what implications there are bring BRA land.